NEW ORLEANS AREA PIPE ORGANS AND THEIR HISTORIES

A service of the Steeple Chasers at www.neworleanschurches.com
and the New Orleans Chapter of the Organ Historical Society

MANUFACTURER: PILCHER
OPUS NUMBER:  
YEAR BUILT: 1887
   
ORIGINAL LOCATION:

St. Stephen Catholic Church on Napoleon Ave

   
RELOCATION 1:  
   
RELOCATION 2:  
   
RELOCATION 3:  
   
FINAL DISPOSITION: Replaced by Wicks Opus 1980 with case and some pipework being retained. See Wicks Opus 1980
   
A PICTURE OF THIS ORGAN EXISTS IN OUR FILES:
(Click highlighted "YES" to view.
The Pilcher case now has a Wicks organ installed in it. Click here to see the present appearance.
Click here to see an historic photo of the Pilcher before the Wicks modification.
   
NOTES SUPPLIED BY OTHERS:  
   
SPECIFICATION:  
   
OTHER INFO:  
   

This page is a service of www.neworleanschurches.com
and the New Orleans Chapter of the Organ Historical Society