NEW ORLEANS AREA PIPE ORGANS AND THEIR HISTORIES

A service of the Steeple Chasers at www.neworleanschurches.com
and the New Orleans Chapter of the Organ Historical Society

MANUFACTURER: MOLLER
OPUS NUMBER: OPUS 2149
YEAR BUILT: 1916
   
ORIGINAL LOCATION:

Rayne Memorial United Methodist Church, St. Charles Ave.

   
RELOCATION 1:  
   
RELOCATION 2:  
   
RELOCATION 3:  
   
FINAL DISPOSITION: Organ was replaced by Aeolian Skinner Opus 1409 in 1963. According to organist John Hutton, the Aeolian-Skinner is all new and the previous organ was not incorporated into it. Hutton's recollection is that Moller Opus 2149 went to Munholland Methodist Church on Metairie Road, where it did not perform to the church's satisfaction. It was later replaced with the present Schantz.
   
A PICTURE OF THIS ORGAN EXISTS IN OUR FILES:
(Click highlighted "YES" to view.
 
   
NOTES SUPPLIED BY OTHERS:  
   
SPECIFICATION: 2 Manual, 28 Stops
   
OTHER INFO:  
   

This page is a service of www.neworleanschurches.com
and the New Orleans Chapter of the Organ Historical Society