NEW ORLEANS AREA PIPE ORGANS AND THEIR HISTORIES

A service of the Steeple Chasers at www.neworleanschurches.com
and the New Orleans Chapter of the Organ Historical Society

MANUFACTURER: M.P. Moller
OPUS NUMBER: 8843
YEAR BUILT: 1955
   
ORIGINAL LOCATION:

Dillard University chapel

   
RELOCATION 1: After the organ was partially destroyed by a fire, the salvagable components were sold to First English Lutheran Church on Franklin Ave. The console burned in the 1990's at the new location and it was refitted with a new Goulding and Wood console. The organ was removed from the First English building on Franklin Avenue in 2003 and is presently in storage at the church's temporary location pending construction of a new church building on Cleary Avenue in Metairie.
   
RELOCATION 2:  
   
RELOCATION 3:  
   
FINAL DISPOSITION: Organ constructed from salvaged components of the original Moller are awaiting reinstallation in First English Lutheran Church, Metairie, LA.
   
A PICTURE OF THIS ORGAN EXISTS IN OUR FILES:
(Click highlighted "YES" to view.
YES
   
NOTES SUPPLIED BY OTHERS: Some iInformation supplied by Rachelen Lien and Ellyn Meier
   
SPECIFICATION: Originally a 3/27 but reduced to a 2 manual after fire and relocation.
   
OTHER INFO:  
   

This page is a service of www.neworleanschurches.com
and the New Orleans Chapter of the Organ Historical Society