NEW ORLEANS AREA PIPE ORGANS AND THEIR HISTORIES

A service of the Steeple Chasers at www.neworleanschurches.com
and the New Orleans Chapter of the Organ Historical Society

MANUFACTURER: GOULDING AND WOOD
OPUS NUMBER: OPUS 25
YEAR BUILT: 1994
   
ORIGINAL LOCATION:

Christ Church Cathedral N.O. 2919 St. Charles Ave.

   
RELOCATION 1:  
   
RELOCATION 2:  
   
RELOCATION 3:  
   
FINAL DISPOSITION:  
   
A PICTURE OF THIS ORGAN EXISTS IN OUR FILES:
(Click highlighted "YES" to view.
YES
   
NOTES SUPPLIED BY OTHERS:

According to information on a church published pamplet, this instrument is comprised of a 1922 Moller Opus 3314 of which 866 pipes were inherited from a previous Jardine. It underwent tonal revision in 1982 by John Ballard and was again modified by Goulding and Wood in 1983-86.

Roy Redman has provided information that this church also apparently had a small Jardine in the chapel which was moved to Munholland Methodist and which his firm ultimately restored and installed in St. Barnabas Episcopal in Garland Texas. This piece of information is included with this record so as to retain separate identities of the two Jardine instruments.

 

   
SPECIFICATION: 4 Manual 96 Ranks
   
OTHER INFO:  
   

This page is a service of www.neworleanschurches.com
and the New Orleans Chapter of the Organ Historical Society