NEW ORLEANS AREA PIPE ORGANS AND THEIR HISTORIES

A service of the Steeple Chasers at www.neworleanschurches.com
and the New Orleans Chapter of the Organ Historical Society

MANUFACTURER: JARDINE AND SON OF NEW YORK .
OPUS NUMBER:  
YEAR BUILT: 1847
   
ORIGINAL LOCATION:

Christ Church Cathedral. Built for third building and then moved to fourth (present) building in 1887 Was rebuilt in 1860.

   
RELOCATION 1:  
   
RELOCATION 2:  
   
RELOCATION 3:  
   
FINAL DISPOSITION: One account indicates that in 1922, 866 pipes were incorporated into Moller Opus 3314, however information from Roy Redman (see below) indicates that may be inaccurate
   
A PICTURE OF THIS ORGAN EXISTS IN OUR FILES:
(Click highlighted "YES" to view.
 
   
NOTES SUPPLIED BY OTHERS: From Roy Redman: "Christ Church Cathedral apparently had a small Jardine in the chapel from about 1890. It was then moved to Munholland Methodist, and finally
purchased by us; completely rebuilt by us and installed in St. Barnabas
Episcopal church in Garland Texas as our opus 35, 1982"
   
SPECIFICATION:  
   
OTHER INFO:  
   

This page is a service of www.neworleanschurches.com
and the New Orleans Chapter of the Organ Historical Society