NEW ORLEANS AREA PIPE ORGANS AND THEIR HISTORIES

A service of the Steeple Chasers at www.neworleanschurches.com
and the New Orleans Chapter of the Organ Historical Society

MANUFACTURER: CASAVANT Freres, with rework by REUTER and SCHLEUTER
OPUS NUMBER: OPUS 2244
YEAR BUILT: 1954
   
ORIGINAL LOCATION:

First Baptist Church, St. Charles at Napoleon Avenue.

   
RELOCATION 1:  
   
RELOCATION 2:  
   
RELOCATION 3:  
   
FINAL DISPOSITION: Present location: New First Baptist Church 5290 Canal Blvd., New Orleans
  NOTE: Organ damaged in Hurricane Katrina. Removed to Schlueter factory for repair 2006
A PICTURE OF THIS ORGAN EXISTS IN OUR FILES:
(Click highlighted "YES" to view.
YES
   
NOTES SUPPLIED BY OTHERS:  
   
SPECIFICATION: 4 Manual 72 Rank
   
OTHER INFO: Original 1954 organ by Casavant. Modified by Reuter (their Opus 2170) in 1994. In 2004, church moved location to new building on Canal Blvd. in Lakeview, and Schlueter of Georgia reworked the instrument prior to the move.
   

This page is a service of www.neworleanschurches.com
and the New Orleans Chapter of the Organ Historical Society